How to Use 7zip password protect
Most of the time, managing big files over the internet is a lot problematic than what you think it is. For one, it takes longer to upload to a particular. And on the other hand, it is difficult to find a platform that allows users to send such large files. Thus, 7zip was created; this is a software which compresses files and turn them into smaller sizes. But did you know that apart from this, it is equipped with different and useful features. For example, you may add password to your file to keep its privacy. To know more about this, read along.
Using 7zip Password Protect
Securing your file is easy with the help of 7zip password protect. It’s pretty straightforward. But if you still need help, you can take a look at the steps below.
- Launch any browser and search for 7zip on your computer. Download the installer and run the file. Just follow the onscreen instruction to complete the installation procedure.
- Once you have installed the application, locate the file that you want to compress. Right click on that then select 7zip from the choices.
- Upon hovering your mouse to 7zip, it will show up some options. Choose “Add to Archive” from the list.
- From the pop up window, proceed to the Encryption portion. Here, fill out the “Enter password” and “Reenter password”, respectively, with the code that you want to use.
- Choose between ZipCrypto and AES-256 from the options below “Encryption method.”
- Finally, click the “Ok” button. This will automatically start the compressing process which usually takes 50 to 60 seconds.
Arena Of Valor, now on PC?
And that’s it! You’ll now be able to send your file just as how you normally do. If you want to make sure that you cannot open the file without a password, simply right click on the compressed file (the one with .zip extension) then try to enter a wrong code.